Continued growth in half year results
Sky Betting & Gaming
Half Year Results for the 26 weeks ended 22 December 2016
|26 weeks to 22nd December 2016||26 weeks to 24th December 2015||Change|
- Continued revenue growth, underpinned by strong growth in sports staking and customer volumes
- Solid growth in gaming, driven by improved cross-sell and more efficient data exploitation
- First international launch, with skybet.it launching in Italy
- Continued progress with plans in Germany
- Relaunch of sky bingo with a more modern look and feel
Richard Flint, CEO of Sky Betting & Gaming, commented:
“The first half of our 2016/17 year has been another positive period for the business and we are pleased to have delivered a strong financial performance, with 47% growth in net revenue. At the same time, we have continued to invest in our technology and mobile platforms from our base in Yorkshire, with an ongoing expansion of our employee base. Our Super 6 product has successfully launched in Germany, and in Italy we successfully launched skybet.it, our first international real money gambling product. Our strong momentum has continued into the second half of 2016/17, and we are excited about the opportunities ahead both in the UK and internationally.”
Did you know
Our websites perform over 50 million content updates on a daily basis.
We’re an £800 million business
Our servers process over 44 million game transactions throughout each week.