Our way means learning collaboratively to support each others development
We're committed to creating a great culture where you can grow your skills and learn through a range of different options.
We have over 40 internal courses that can support your development. These include sessions on Personal Development, Tech Skills, self-assessments, building your strengths etc. Colleagues and Managers can find a whole host of topics to choose from and attend.
Community of Practice
A community of practice is a group of people who share a passion for something they do, and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly. We see the social nature of human learning so our communities of practice (sometimes called GILDS) really help with learning as a group.
Our learning and development team run a whole host of team builds and focus days whereby teams and tribes come together to work together or solve a challenge.
The Sky Betting and Gaming Management Academy is split into five workshops that will help you work with other managers to develop areas such as:
- Raising your Self Awareness
- Prioritisation and delegation - Deliver the things that matter
- Learn the impact of effective questioning to unlock potential
- Giving effective feedback
- Growing someone’s career with them
- Tackle tricky situations & conversations with real skill
- Inspire performance, achievement and fulfilment
In true agile fashion, our Tech Teams tend to start every day with a stand up. This gives everyone opportunity to update the rest of the team on what they'll be working on in the short term. Often though there will be a full squad stand up, where everyone is able to share ideas and discuss new ways of working.
We often joined by high profile speakers from the sport and tech world, to talk to us about their stories and how they've approached challenges.
- Nicola Adams, Double Olympic Champion
- Ian Massingham, Amazon Web Services
- Clive Woodward, World Cup winning former England Rugby Coach
- Jeff Stelling & Paul Merson, Sky Sports
- Dave Prutton, Sky Sports
- Dr Steve Peters, Author of The Chimp Paradox
- Ed Chamberlain, ITV Sport
- David Rowan, former Editor WIRED Magazine
"We encourage people to understand their own strengths using our strengths finder tool. Then you can grow and make the most of the strengths that you bring."
Catherine, Head of L&D - People & Support Tribe
It's the way
We're the official sponsors of the 2018 Tour De Yorkshire Tour Makers!
"The Tech Ninja Fund is really beneficial for the company. You have £1000 to spend on your learning, and you can spend it on whatever you want""
Iker, Software Engineer - Data Tribe
Did you know
We became an independent business in January 2015
We handle over 11 million transactions on a Saturday afternoon.
Freedom to Innovate - Run with your ideas and make them happen